Looking to adopt? I know exactly what you are going through. My husband and I embarked on our adoption journey beginning in 2016. We had no idea where to start, so we began talking to friends we knew who had gone through the process themselves. We were eventually led to adopt domestically, and while we knew somewhat the costs involved, we would not have been able to adopt without additional financial support.
We were fortunate to be able to connect to fundraising and grant resources and to have the most gracious family and friends who chipped in not only monetary resources, but also their time and talents, to help us along the way. And finally two years later in 2018, we adopted our son, Thomas.
This is why I want to help families that are also going through the adoption process. I know the struggle of wondering how you're going to pay for it all, but still pushing through the doubt and fears to welcome a child into your life.
I am an advocate of adoption not only because I have adopted, but because I believe as a Christian I am called to care for orphans (James 1:27), in whatever way I can. Because of that, I also am an advocate of aiding adoptions no matter what the adoptive family's resources may be.
Without question adoption is expensive, and your health insurance doesn't cover many (IF ANY) of the associated costs (agency fees, attorney fees, travel expenses, etc.). I get it.
While some organizations require you to lay out your financial status and expected resources, we do not.
All we require for qualification is that you are currently opening your heart to adoption.
How does it work?
- Once qualified (we verify you are currently in the adoption process) your fundraiser will last for one week on a date of your choosing.
- We will create a Facebook Event for you to share.
- We will advertise your fundraiser across our social media platforms.
- Items bought will be shipped to the buyer.
- You will be given a unique code to share with family and friends to use when buying items on our website.
- 30% of net sales from the website bought using your unique code will be sent to you or to your adoption agency.
- Only 1 fundraiser per family adoption. You may reapply if you are adopting an additional child at a later date.
Ready to apply? Fill out our Adoption Fundraiser Application.